Why you should eat Pumpkin Seeds?
Our Ayurvedic system of medicine and modern science confirms that pumpkin seeds contain a powerful nutrient that benefits many aspects of your health. Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of Protein, Unsaturated fatty acids, Antioxidants, Vitamins and Minerals, and other micro-nutrients that reduce the risk factors of chronic disease including cancer.
Pumpkin Seeds-Power House of Micro-Nutrients
These are the seeds that help in normalizing blood pressure, protect your heart from so many diseases, and help the kidney to function to normal. Pumpkin seeds are a powerful source of many nutrients, in a handful of quantities, you can get a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which not only give you a good amount of calories but also help in keeping the body’s overall balanced health.
Apart from using it in your food, you can also eat roasted pumpkin seeds. This can be a great option for an evening snack. Why you should eat pumpkin seeds? We are giving herewith 15 health benefits of pumpkin seeds, then you will get to know why the pumpkin is called zero-fat food?
A 1-ounce (28-gram) serving of pumpkin seeds contains
- Calories: 151
- Fiber: 1.7 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 4 grams
- Omega-6 fats: 6 grams
- Manganese: 42% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 37% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 33% of the RDI
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
Include a handful in your meals for potential health benefits such as:
- Pumpkin is delicious, highly digestible, and fibrous food which is very much recommended for overall health and development. In western countries, doctors recommend a healthy diet for growing children. The nutrition-loaded vitamins and minerals are very much needed for tissue growth and overall development.
- Pumpkin is also enriched with protein and micronutrients. An average dose of protein can be obtained in a cup of pumpkin, but if we want to take more than then we must go for canned pumpkin in the form of smoothies to enjoy the flavor and to boost the protein intake.
- The Health benefits of pumpkin are numerous. Pumpkin’s leaves contain highly essential vitamins like A and C. These help in improving eyesight, skin, and hair.
- Vitamin C helps in removing scars and wounds and also helps in maintaining bone density and teeth.
- Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene, a natural pigment that makes orange color or light yellow color. Beta-carotene helps to maintain healthy skin, vision and heals mouth ulcers, and also corrects itching problems.
- If we consume Pumpkin regularly and add to our regular diet, then we can maintain our blood pressure, keep our heart in a healthy condition.
- It nourishes our skin and removes scars and wounds slowly to make our skin shiny and silky.
- Pumpkin seeds are full of nutrients, rich in antioxidants, zinc, iron, amino acids, magnesium, etc. If you eat daily approx 20 to 25 grams of pumpkin seeds it will give you approx 150 calories. You will be fit and fine always.
- Antioxidants help reduce inflammation and provide a protective layer of cells from further damage with moving free radicals in the blood.
- Some research and medical survey reports suggest that Pumpkin and its seeds are seen to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- It also reduces the chances of prostate cancer, improves urinary functions, and keeps the kidney in a healthy condition.
- The pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium and we should know that the optimum level of magnesium helps to maintain blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and bone health. It also reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the good cholesterol (HDL) so that your heart gets improved blood flow and arteries may not have plaque inside.
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of dietary fiber. As we know fiber is good for our digestive system and helps in lowering fat so that you stay away from obesity. That’s why we call it a zero-fat fruit that helps in reducing fat.
- Pumpkin seeds help those who have sleeping trouble. Zinc and magnesium help to convert tryptophan (an amino acid that helps promote sleep) to serotonin that relaxes your mind from stress and gives sound sleep.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants which is a boon for your health. We know that antioxidants protect the cells of the body from damage and remove hard metals from the body. Removes inflammation in the body, due to which the major organs of our body like heart, liver, kidney, bowel, and joints remain healthy.