Why Moringa is called nectar in Ayurveda?
Moringa (Sahjan) is a super nutritious food and has many surprising health benefits. Whether it’s flowers, leaves, bark or sticks are very healthy to eat. It is good for men and women or even for children. Fatigue and weakness will stay away from the consumption of flowers and leaves. That’s why Moringa is called nectar in Ayurveda.
What is Moringa (Sahjan) or Drumstick?
If we get such food that is tasty and full of nutrients for health, then the day becomes good, because we need not only healthy food but also complete test in our food and to be honest, there are many such vegetables in our country, which is full of many qualities. Easily available in the market.
It is known by different names in different regions. Somewhere it is called Drumstick and somewhere it is called Moringa or Sahjan’s pod. It is also known by Munga.
According to experts, the stem, leaves, bark, flowers, fruits, and many other parts of the Moringa can be used in different ways, because the drumstick tree is very beneficial from root to fruit. Drumstick has antifungal, antiviral, anti–depressant, and anti–inflammatory properties.
Apart from this, the drumstick is rich in minerals in many ways. It is a non-dairy source of calcium. It also contains many nutrients like potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, and zinc, which not only keep our body fit but also help in proper development.
How to include Moringa Shahjan in your daily diet?
- Moringa fruits and leaves can be used in three different ways. The leaves can be consumed raw, in the form of powder or juice. Drumstick leaves can be boiled in water and mixed with honey and lemon and drunk.
- Moringa can also be used in soups and curries. One teaspoon or about 2 grams of drumstick should be taken regularly. Patients should consult a doctor to know the correct dosage. Moringa’s medicinal properties are very strong and controlled and help to fight so many diseases.
- Diabetes patients should consume it regularly to maintain their sugar levels.
Moringa is called nectar (Amrit) in Ayurveda
The Moringa is considered nectar in Ayurveda because it is considered a medicine for more than 300 diseases. That is why in Ayurveda it is considered like nectar. Its soft leaves and fruits are both used as vegetables. Carbohydrates, protein, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin-A, C, and B complex are found in abundance in Moringa (drumstick pods), green leaves, and dry leaves.
What are the major benefits of Moringa?
- Stomach disease remains away Moringa leaves are very beneficial for the stomach.
- Immunity Moringa leaves are loaded with strong immunity-boosting phytonutrients that strengthen the immune system and enable it to fight off infections.
- It Increases energy level.
- Strengthens the heart.
Carbohydrates, protein, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin-A, C, and B complex are found in abundance in drumstick pods, green leaves, and dry leaves.
Characteristics of Moringa or Drumstick
Its leaves contain vitamin C, its consumption is considered to reduce BP. It even helps in weight loss. Drumstick has been used for so many years in South Indian homes. We always find it in Sambhar, a popular South Indian food.
Benefits of eating Moringa (Shahjan Drumstick health benefits)
- Moringa also helps in increasing your immunity.
- Immunity is strengthened.
- Due to being rich in calcium, the use of drumsticks in sciatica, arthritis is very beneficial.
- Due to being digestible, it is also very effective in keeping the drumstick liver healthy.
- Drink the juice of drumstick flowers or eat its vegetable in problems like stomach pain or stomach-related gas, indigestion, and constipation. Or drink its soup. If you want more benefit, then add it to the dal and cook it.
- The Drumstick is also very useful in removing ear pain. For this, plucking its fresh leaves and putting a few drops of its juice in the ear provides relief.
- Those who have stone problems should definitely drink drumstick vegetables and drumstick soup. Due to this, the stone comes out.
- If there are worms in the stomach of small children, then they should be given the juice of drumstick leaves.
- If there are worms in the teeth, then the decoction of its bark should be drunk. Drumstick normalizes blood pressure.
- It is very beneficial in heart disease. It lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and helps improve HDL (Good Cholesterol). In this way, drumstick can prove beneficial for your health. However, you must not only depend on Moringa but at the same time take medication for enhanced cholesterol or shall consult a doctor too.