Fenugreek seeds health benefits are widely known as this herb is being used across India and people from major countries around the globe towards enhancing the flavor of foods, healthy cooking, improving health, hair problems majorly. In recent years people have become more aware through cross-cultural communication and social media platforms about the usage of fenugreek seeds. In India, people have been using for a long time as a herbal supplement as well as enhancing the taste of foods and cooking. You need to understand why fenugreek seeds are good for your health. I believe most of us are not much aware of fenugreek seeds and their leaves.
Fenugreek seeds health benefits are numerous and it plays a vital role in the body in curing chronic diseases like high-level cholesterol, hair falling, enhancing skin texture, and keeps your body healthy.
How Fenugreek seeds are good for your health?
Fenugreek is a herb and belongs to the family of Fabaceae consisting of three small obviate leaflets and majorly cultivated in the Mediterranean region, southern Europe and western Asia. In India, it is consumed widely in the form of seeds and leaves in Indian cuisine as well as herbal medicine. The seeds are of light brownish-yellow color and are used for hair care, skincare, diabetes, arthritis and to stop bile formation. Fenugreek seeds are good for your health like It is equally beneficial for lactating mother (increase breast milk secretion), lowering inflammation, and balancing cholesterol and appetite.
In a 100 g quantity fenugreek seeds provide 1,350 kilojoules (323 kcal) of food energy and contain 9% water, 58% carbohydrates, 23% protein, and 6% fat, with calcium at 40% of the Daily Value (DV, table).
Fenugreek’s Health Benefits – Must include in your daily cooking and be healthy
This culinary herb is tiny in shape and gives a bit bitter taste bust exhibit strong aromatic flavor which multiplies the taste of your foods but apart from food recipes fenugreek seeds are used to cure diseases. Here will understand what the major health benefits of fenugreek are.
- Fenugreek promotes hair growth gives strength to hair follicle – Fenugreek seeds not only kill the bacteria and fungi present on the scalp but strengthen the hair follicles and promote hair growth. Blend 1/2 cup soaked fenugreek seeds and flax seeds, 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 6-7 drops of rosemary oil together. Massage on your scalp and leave it for 5-6 hours to get absorbed to your hair follicles and wash your hair with an Ayurvedic shampoo or mild shampoo of your choice.
- You can see the result after a few days. It will remove dandruff and strengthen the hair follicles.
- You can also use another way according to your choice. Take at least 1 spoon fenugreek soaked seeds paste (depending upon your hair’s length and volume) and mix the curry leaves paste together. Softly apply it on your scalp and leave it untouched for 30 minutes so that it gets absorbed properly. Then wash your hair with shampoo and see the result. You can use this formula twice (2) in a week to make your hair stronger, shiny and in the long run, it will protect hair from greying.
- Fenugreek Seeds for Skin: It maintains the moisturizing level of the skin keeps away fungal infections that cause acne and other skin woes like scars, blemishes, dark spots, etc. Fenugreek has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. You can use face mask using fenugreek seeds and rose water and apply it for at least 30 minutes and wash your face. You can see the change on your skin. It keeps your skin bacteria-free and moisturizes for long hours. One more way to revitalize your skin through is to add a handful of fenugreek seeds to boiling water and keep it simmering for almost 15 minutes. After that leave it cool and store it in the refrigerator so that it may use as and when required. You can use this liquid as a toner at least in a day for revitalizes and you will see the result on your skin.
- Fenugreek seeds for anti-aging – It works wonder when these seeds powder is mixed with yogurt or curd. You just pour some amount of seeds in water and soaked it overnight and very next morning make a paste of these items. Apply it on your face about 20-25 minutes and then wash your face. Use it twice or thrice in a week. You will see fine lines and crow feet are fading away skin is getting toned day by day.
How to use it?
- You can use the soaked water as a toner and apply on your face once in a day to see the result as day by day your skin is glowing and blemishes are starting reducing.
- Fenugreek grind paste can be used to exfoliate the skin and to remove dead skin as well. It also removes excess oil from your face and cures acne.
- If you want to reduce dark circles and blemishes from your face, fenugreek seeds are really very effective. As we know these seeds are enriched with Vitamin K and Vitamin C which helps in reducing dark circles and skin lightening. You only have to do is just soak 2-3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds in water and soaked it overnight. The next morning grind it with plain milk. Now simply wash your face with a face wash with plain water and after that apply this paste on your face and leave it on your face for almost 15 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water. Apply this formula at least twice a week. You will be amazed to see the result.
Other Health Benefits of Fenugreek
- Lower cholesterol – Fenugreek helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels in your body. These seeds contain flavonoids that lower lipid levels who are suffering from high cholesterol.
- Soothe upset stomach and digestive problems – Fenugreek is rich in fiber and antioxidants so it helps in flushing out harmful and hard metals from your body and thus improves digestion. It is good for indigestion, improves appetite, and reduces gastritis.
- Reduce menstrual cramps – It is good for women who suffer from menstrual issues during the period. The fenugreek powder helps reduce menstrual cramps and other associated problems like headaches and nausea.
- Reduce fat mass – Fenugreek has shown good results in reducing extra fat from your body. If you take 1 teaspoon fenugreek powder with lukewarm water in an empty stomach regularly it will boost weight loss and keeps you optimally full for a longer period.
- Soothe muscle pain and reduce Arthritis – As we know fenugreek seeds contain linolenic and linolenic acid which is known for anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic activities. They have shown good results in reducing muscle pain and arthritis to a greater extent.