To get energized, keeping the body in shape and revitalize the immune system a systematic approach is needed to invigorate the physical body and soul, we must adopt such yogic exercise which gives a complete solution. Here is one traditional method and scientifically approved gives a spellbound effect on your mind, body, and soul altogether. This is called “Sun Salutation-A father of all YogAsana” or “Surya Namaskar”.
The changing lifestyles and eating habits have been tremendously changed over the period. We have adopted a wrong eating pattern and given less attention to workouts. Our modern nutrition system has been completely overlapped the traditional food and physical activities. The impact is very obvious where numerous health issues are evolved. People are suffering from various diseases while eating junk foods and pay less attention to organic foods. It is not just about food the way we eat. We have become lazy and feel exhausted in outdoor activities due to changing working patterns. Our energy level goes down and we feel stressed at the working place.
Sun Salutation – India’s ancient technique for YogAsana
Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is an ancient yogic technique of India for expressing gratitude to the Sun. It is a set of 12 Asanas (postures) and performed preferably in the morning while facing the rising sun. There are numerous health benefits of Sun Salutation for our body especially musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, nervous system, respiratory and endocrinal. The heart, liver, intestine, stomach, chest, throat, legs and backbone are the main benefited organs.
Sun Salutation – How many times to do?
It is very easy to say that you should do as much as you can but for any Asana or Yogsana, there is some specific period and timing to perform the same. It is also applied for this Yogasana or we can say it a YogicKriya. Since you are beginner, you can start with 5 to 6 rounds per day and slowly you can take it up to 12 rounds on a regular basis.
The experts suggest making it 24 rounds on a regular practice is very much advisable. If you become habitual and feel very much comfortable and revitalized then it may be performed 108 times in a day but not more than that.
Success with Sun Salutation, as with all aspects of yoga practice, depends on commitment, passion, and regularity. An everyday practice would do wonder in shaping up the body and rejuvenate an inner strength.
Sun Salutations are a brilliant way to rejuvenate and energize your body. It improves your breathing capacity and revitalizes all the body organs in daily. It resonates with them to act in a perfect way. The lungs, digestive system, as well as muscles and joints, will all benefit from practicing Sun Salutations. This practice also increases the vital energy of Prana (SOUL) in your body, which helps remove energy blockages.
Sun Salutation – Multiple Health Benefits
When done daily, systematically, correctly and faithfully the Surya Namaskar gives the following results and helps to build a healthy body and rejuvenate our soul consistently. The main 25 benefits are as follows;
- Strengthens the entire digestive system (including stomach, pancreas, intestines, liver, etc.) and cures, and prevents constipation.
- Invigorates the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, lower plexus, and cures brain-fag, forgetfulness, worries and other forms of mental derangement. Though shattered nerves take a long time and are more difficult to repair than other cells, our graduated course of Surya Namaskars will slowly but surely restore them to normality.
- Revitalizes the heart and will cure and prevent blood pressure, palpitation.
- develops the lungs, gives you wind and prevents tuberculosis.
- Improves the quality and circulation of the blood. Active circulation of the blood is the first law of health.
- Stimulates glandular activity; gives a new vivacity to the glands. While the stretching and compressing movements of the throat and neck the thyroid gland is stimulated and any tendency to Goitre is obviated. Correct glandular functioning regulates health and attractiveness.
- It enhances the color and function of the spleen by enabling it to eradicate toxic impurities through profuse perspiration and to absorb vital energy from the atmosphere. A clear skin glowing with ruddy health end vigor is a winning factor for men and women in business and social life.
- Strengthens the neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, fingers, back, stomach, waist, abdomen, intestines, thighs, knees, calves and ankles. Sun Salutation is a good remedy for kidney troubles.
- It improves and develops the chest and gives perfect shape and makes it attractive.
- Improves the uterus (womb) and ovaries remove menstrual disorders such as all dysmenorrhoea and consequent pain and misery.
- Child-bearing is less painful and easier. All discomforts from menopause vanish.
- Women get good relief of morning sickness and perverted taste and appetite.
- The practice increases the quantity and improves the quality of milk in nursing mothers.
- Proven to halt falling of hair, and its tendency to greyness and prevents baldness by increasing nutrition to the hair and scalp, and the bonding of the neck backward and forward, insures good circulation to the bead.
- It improves sexual power and eliminates special weakness of men and women which happens during the cosy moments.
- Reduces unneeded fat, especially the fat about the belly, hips, thighs, neck, and chin.
- Will remove kidney troubles. Strengthens the stomach, neck, back, and chest by the mere rolling of the stomach towards the spine, as in some of the positions of Surya Namaskar.
The positions include Pranamasana, Hasta Uttanasana, Hastapaadasana, Ashwa Sanchalana, Parvatasana, Ashtanga Namaskara, Bhujangasana, Parvatasana, Ashwa Sanchalana, Uttanasana, Hasta Uttanasana, Pranamasana.
- Reduces the abnormal prominence or Adam’s apple by the forward and backward bending of the nook.
- Destroys the offensive odor of perspiration.
- Improves knock-knees in walking.
- Prevents and corrects neurasthenia due to rhythmical breathing.
- Will increase the height of the body if the positions are correctly performed.
- Will produce a direct mechanical effect upon the alimentary canal and will prevent and cure constipation.
- Not merely gives you external form, shapeliness, and muscle of the body, but improves and normalizes the function of most of the vital internal organs.
- It makes you immune from disease by tremendously increasing your disease-resisting power.
So, before starting Sun Salutation we must take proper guidance from the expert depending on the health condition and do it on a regular basis to give a new dimension of your precious life.