Strong Immunity Booster Herbs
Strong Immunity Booster Herbs
We understand the severity of the coronavirus (Covid-19) which has greatly impacted human life across the globe and economy as well. At this juncture, we all have to come together to fight with Corona and prepare ourselves to escape from further damage. As of now, we come to understand that fighting with Corona and protect ourselves is all about social distancing, proper maintaining hygiene, wearing masks, and doing physical exercise/yoga to keep our immune system strong so that we can defeat the virus. The strong immunity ayurvedic herbs which we are going to discuss is of utmost importance to know. These strong immunity herbs play a vital role in improving our immunity level to fight with viruses and bacteria.
In our country, there is an old and traditional way of living, and curing diseases is “Ayurveda Therapy”. I have always been a strong admirer of ayurvedic medicines and follow the principles of Ayurveda. My focus has always been on writing blogs and article on our traditional herbs/shrubs which play a major role in curing diseases. In every Indian kitchen, most of the medicinal and immunity booster plants have always been used for health and wellness. There are six major herbs that are most powerful to boost your immunity level and keeps strong and fresh.
Let’s go through and see how these following Ayurvedic powerful herbs boost our immune system and protect us from many other diseases and good for strong immunity level.
In Ayurveda, this plant is known as “King of the Herb”. We also know that Ashwagandha has been known with other names like “India Ginseng” and “Winter Cherry”.
It’s classified as a non-toxic plant (adaptogen) meaning that it can help your body manage stress also provides numerous other benefits for your body and brain.
- It can boost brain function, lower blood sugar and cortisol levels, and help fight symptoms of anxiety and depression. It improves immunity level and protects the body from any type of bacteria and viruses.
- Ashwagandha, the magical herb, is considered to be nature’s gift to mankind. For centuries, Ayurvedic medicine has been used to treat people for their day to day woes such as stress, anxiety, exhaustion, lack of sleep, etc. and with an abundance of antioxidants, iron, and amino acids. There may no surprise that Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful herbs in Ayurvedic
- Ashwagandha reduces high-level cholesterol and it also very effective in controlling hypothyroidism and lower the TSH level. Taking Ashwagandha extract daily for 5-7 weeks along with a proper diet may increase the interest of sex and sexual satisfaction.
It has been put into the class of rasayana means rejuvenation in Ayurveda and expected to promote physical and mental health, restore the body, and increase longevity. It has been already praise more about Ashwagandha over time towards the dual capacity of this amazing plant which energizes and gives calmness at the same time.
Arjun Bark or Arjun ki Chhal
Terminalia arjuna, commonly known as Arjuna, associated with the family of Combretaceae. Its bark decoction is being used in the Indian subcontinent for anginal pain, hypertension, congestive heart failure, and dyslipidemia, based on the observations of ancient physicians for centuries. The bark of Terminalia Arjuna having been used in Ayurvedic medicine in India for more than 3000 years, primarily as a heart remedy and since then the journey of Arjuna Bark has continuously shown its broader benefits.
In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, Terminalia arjuna has been used to balance the tri-doshas i.e. Kapha, Pitta, and Vata. This superb herb has also been used for asthma, bile duct disorders, scorpion stings, and poisonings.
It has various medicinal properties like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial. Arjuna helps reduce the risk of heart diseases. It strengthens and tones the heart muscles and helps in the proper functioning of the heart. Arjuna tree also has strong anti-hypertensive properties and helps reduce high blood pressure.
It helps to treat angina, lower the blood pressure, treat in congestive heart failure, and improves lipid profile and prevents atherosclerosis. Arjuna bark powder protects the heart from the adverse effect of chronic high blood pressure by lowering the systolic blood pressure levels.
In traditional system or if we say in terms of Ayurvedic treatment of medicine, different parts (leaves, stem, flower, root, seeds and even whole plant) of Tulsi (Ocimum Sanctum) have always been recommended for the treatment of bronchitis, malaria, diarrhea, dysentery, skin disease, arthritis, eye diseases, insect bites and so on.
- Tulsi Promotes a Healthy Heart and gives strength and strong immunity. It contains vitamin C as well as antioxidants such as Eugenol, which protects the heart from the harmful effects of free radicals. It has an anti-aging effect and gives you an amazing effect on your skin and helps removes acne.
- It helps acts in removing stones from the kidney as well. Tulsi or Basil is packed with Anti-inflammatory and Anti-oxidants that cure a variety of diseases and health disorders.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of tulsi help lower inflammation, lowers the risk of heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis. Chewing of Tulsi leaves or taking hot drink / kadha of tulsi leaves mix with black pepper (kali mirch), ginger (adrak), clove and turmeric powder.
- You can add honey in that drink for a soothing effect. It cures fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu.
- Tulsi contains two water-soluble flavonoid antioxidants i.e., Orientin and Viceninare that strengthen the immune system, protect the cellular structure, DNA, and delay the effect of skin aging. Everybody can take five leaves with black pepper in the morning with an empty stomach that is very much effective for viral infection and improve immunity level, manage the day to day stress levels, and reduces anxiety.
Cinnamon is the most popular spice-herb ingredient commonly available in the Indian kitchen. It has a distinctive flavor and strong moderate fragrance and being used most of the culinary as well as medicinal purposes. The spice has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years in India and some parts of the globe. It is highly enriched with anti-oxidants and has antibiotic properties which make it a powerful herb for curing many diseases as well as to boost our immune system.
Some major health benefits of Cinnamon
- Anti-oxidant: Cinnamon is purely loaded with antioxidants that help reduce free radical damage slows down your aging process. It helps the body to fight infections and repair tissue-damaging agents. Cinnamon can be used as a part of a treatment for anything from lung problems to the common cold. It is very much effective in boosting the immunity level. It improves blood platelets and inhibits inflammatory substances.
- Cures Inflammation: Cinnamon helps reduce both systematic inflammations and arthritis pain and headaches as well. Types of flavonoids are found in cinnamon which effectively fights with inflammation levels throughout the body. Cinnamon is beneficial in pain management, manages muscle cramps, and lessens the high risk of allergic reactions and also helps managers to age.
- For Happy Heart and Strong Immunity – Cinnamon has the ability to improve heart health. It reduces the most common risk factor heart disease, including cholesterol level and high triglyceride and high-level blood pressure which keep your heart happy, healthy, and strong. It hives power health muscles.
- Improves Cognitive Function – It has been observed that when you take cinnamon regularly your neurotrophic factors start increasing. It helps existing neurons in your brain to live and encourage new ones to grow. It boosts brain function and helps in preventing the development of neurological disorders and protects neurons from the oxidative stress to reduce the risk of inflammation and damaging of cells. If your brain works well then your cognitive ability will be in tranquillity and balance between mind and brain can be felt.
Tej patta (Cinnamomum Tamala)
Bay Leaf is also known as Cinnamomum Tamala (Indian Bay Leaf), Laurus Nobilis, Bai Kra Wan(Tahi Name), It is an evergreen large shrub primarily found in Mediterranean region(India, Bangladesh, Thailand, Srilanka, and China) mainly used in our cooking. No food is complete if a bay leaf (Tej Patta) is not included. Bay leaf has been used since so many years in India. Apart from food, bay leaf is used to treat diseases in our traditional system.
It has so many medicinal properties and in India, it is being used as a major herb in Ayurvedic preparatory medicine.
It has Ant-spasmodic, Ant-diabetic, Ant-inflammatory, and enriched with Antioxidants. Tej Patta (Cinnamomum Tamala) is used for many conditions such as diabetes, cough and cold, arthritis, heart and liver health, and also improve your immunity level.
We can use in the morning session boiled in tea or simply Cinnamon Leaf, Tulsi Leaves, Black Peppers, Ginger, and few cloves in form of Kadha or Hot Drink to fight with seasonal flu and many types of bacteria and viruses.
There are numerous health benefits of bay leaf. Click here on this link, you can read more about Tej Patta (Cinnamon Tamala).
For a very long time, Ginger has been used in cooking and treating cough and cold, nausea, stomach pain, and inflammation. People always use Ginger in Tea and widely been used in the kitchen as the main ingredient to multiply the taste of foods.
- Ginger is enriched with Anti-oxidant and other nutrients that help prevent or may intentionally use to treat arthritis, inflammation other types of seasonal infection.
- It has been found in research that Ginger has great potential to reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, and other health problems. Ginger has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral which helps to fight with cough and cold, infection in the throat, to treat irritation in the pharynx, and control the seasonal/ viral infection.
- The dried ginger (mulethi) is widely used in India who has irritation in the throat and has cold or seasonal flu. The regular use of ginger protects us from any infection and helps boosts our immune system.
- With Anti-oxidant properties, ginger may reduce various types of oxidative stress. Because we know that oxidative stress happens when so many free radicals start building in our bodies. They are the very toxic substance which is produced by metabolism and these need to be eliminated from the body. If they do not come out they cause cellular damage and can lead to a range of diseases including cancer.
- If ginger is used with cinnamon with boiled water in the morning with an empty stomach may give your wonder result in controlling the body’s bad cholesterol and keeps your heart healthy.
- Since the ginger and cinnamon have ant-oxidant property so the cumulative benefits like strong immunity are sensed. It keeps your fats in control.