Strong Immunity Booster Herbs for your immunity
Strong Immunity Booster Herbs
We are going to discuss strong immunity booster herbs for your health. These strong immunity herbs play a vital role in improving our immunity level to fight against viruses and bacterias. Let’s go into details…..
In India, there is an old and traditional way of living, and curing diseases is “Ayurveda Therapy”. I have always been a strong admirer of Ayurvedic medicines and follow the principles of Ayurveda.
In the Indian kitchens, most of the medicinal and immunity booster plants have always been used for health and wellness.
Here we will discuss six (6) major herbs that are most powerful to boost your immunity level and also keep strong and energized.
Let’s go through and see how these powerful herbs boost our immune system and protect us from many other diseases.
In Ayurveda, this plant is known as “King of the Herb”. We also know that Ashwagandha has been known with other names like “India Ginseng” and “Winter Cherry”.
It is a non-toxic plant (adaptogen) meaning that it can help your body manage stress also provides numerous other benefits for your body and brain.
- It may boost brain function, lowers blood sugar and cortisol levels.
- It helps reduce anxiety and depression. It improves the immunity level and protects the body from any type of bacteria and viruses.
- Ashwagandha, the magical herb, is considered to be nature’s gift to mankind. For centuries, Ayurvedic medicine has been used to treat people for their day-to-day stress, anxiety, exhaustion, lack of sleep, etc.
- Ashwagandha is enriched with antioxidants, iron, and amino acids that help in controlling imbalanced hormones to keep the body healthy.
- Ashwagandha reduces high-level cholesterol and it also effective in controlling hypothyroidism and lower the TSH level.
- Taking Ashwagandha extract daily for 5-7 weeks along with a proper diet may increase the interest in sex and sexual satisfaction.
It has been put into the class of rasayana means rejuvenation in Ayurveda and expected to promote physical and mental health, restore the body, and increase longevity.
7. It has been already praised more about Ashwagandha over time towards the dual capacity of this amazing plant which energizes and gives calmness to the body.
Arjun Bark or Arjun ki Chhal
Terminalia Arjuna, commonly known as Arjuna, associated with the family Combretaceae. Its bark decoction is being used in the Indian subcontinent for angina pain, hypertension, congestive heart failure, and dyslipidemia, based on the observations of ancient physicians for centuries.
The bark of Terminalia Arjuna is being used in Ayurvedic medicine in India for more than 3000 years, primarily as a heart remedy. The journey of Arjuna Bark has continuously shown its broader benefits.
In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, Terminalia Arjuna is used to balance the tri-doshas i.e. Kapha, Pitta, and Vata. This superb herb also helps cure asthma, bile duct disorders, scorpion stings, and poisonings.
It has various medicinal properties like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial. Arjuna helps reduce the risk of heart diseases. It strengthens and tones the heart muscles and helps in the proper functioning of the heart. The Arjuna tree also has strong anti-hypertensive properties and helps reduce high blood pressure.
It helps to treat angina, lower blood pressure, treat congestive heart failure, and improves lipid profile, and prevents atherosclerosis. Arjuna bark powder protects the heart from the adverse effect of chronic high blood pressure by lowering systolic blood pressure levels.
In the traditional system or if we say in terms of Ayurvedic treatment of medicine, different parts (leaves, stem, flower, root, seeds, and even whole plant) of Tulsi (Ocimum Sanctum) have always been recommended for the treatment of bronchitis, malaria, diarrhea, dysentery, skin disease, arthritis, eye diseases, insect bites and so on.
- Tulsi Promotes a Healthy Heart and gives strength and strong immunity. It contains Vitamin C as well as antioxidants such as Eugenol, which protects the heart from the harmful effects of free radicals.
- It has an anti-aging effect and gives you an amazing effect on your skin and helps removes acne.
- It helps acts in removing stones from the kidney as well. Tulsi or Basil is packed with Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidants that cure a variety of diseases and health disorders.
- The anti-inflammatory properties help lower inflammation, lowers the risk of heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Chewing tulsi leaves or taking a hot drink / kadha of tulsi leaves with black pepper (Kali Mirch), ginger (adrak), clove, and turmeric powder.
- You can add honey to that drink for a soothing effect. It cures fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu.
- Tulsi contains two water-soluble flavonoid antioxidants, i.e. Orientin and Viceninare that strengthen the immune system, protect the cellular structure, DNA, and delay the effect of skin aging.
- Everybody can take five leaves with black pepper in the morning with an empty stomach that is very much effective for viral infection and improve the immunity level, helps to lower stress levels, and reduces anxiety.
Cinnamon is the most popular spice-herb ingredient commonly available in the Indian kitchen. It has a distinctive flavor and a strong fragrance. It is used for most culinary as well as medicinal purposes.
The spice has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years in India and some parts of the globe.
It is highly enriched with anti-oxidants and has antibiotic properties which make it a powerful herb for curing many diseases as well as boosting our immune system.
Some major health benefits of Cinnamon
- Antioxidant: Cinnamon is purely loaded with antioxidants that help reduce free radical damage slows down your aging process.
- It helps the body to fight infections and repair tissue-damaging agents. Cinnamon can be used as a part of a treatment for anything from lung problems to the common cold.
- It is very much effective in boosting the immunity level. It improves blood platelets and inhibits inflammatory substances.
- Cures Inflammation: Cinnamon helps reduce both systematic inflammations and arthritis pain and headaches as well. Types of flavonoids are found in cinnamon which effectively fights inflammation levels throughout the body.
- Cinnamon is beneficial in pain management, manages muscle cramps, and lessens the high risk of allergic reactions, and also helps managers to age.
- For Happy Heart and Strong Immunity – Cinnamon has the ability to improve heart health.
- It reduces the risk of heart disease, helps in reducing cholesterol levels and high triglycerides.
- It is used to control high blood pressure and keep your heart healthy, and strong. It gives power to heart muscles.
- Improves Cognitive Function – It has been observed that when you take cinnamon regularly your neurotrophic factors(biomolecules and peptides) start increasing.
- It helps existing neurons in your brain to live and encourages new ones to grow.
- It boosts brain function and helps in preventing the development of neurological disorders and protects neurons from oxidative stress to reduce the risk of inflammation and damaging of cells.
- If your brain works well then your cognitive ability will be in tranquillity and balance between mind and brain can be felt.
Tej Patta (Cinnamon Tamala)
Bay Leaf is also known as Cinamon Tamala (Indian Bay Leaf), Laurus Nobilis, Bai Kra Wan(Tahi Name), It is an evergreen large shrub primarily found in the Mediterranean region (India, Bangladesh, Thailand, Srilanka, and China) mainly used in our cooking.
No food is complete if a bay leaf (Tej Patta) is not included. Bay leaf has been used for so many years in India. Apart from food, bay leaf is used to treat diseases in our traditional Ayurvedic system.
- It has so many medicinal properties and in India, it is being used as a major herb in Ayurvedic preparatory medicine.
2. It has anti-spasmodic, Ant-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, and enriched with Antioxidants. Tej Patta (Cinnamomum Tamala) is used to treat diabetes, cough and cold, arthritis, heart and liver health, and also improves your immunity level.
3. You can use it in the morning session as tea.
4. It can be taken in form of Kadha or Hot Drink to fight seasonal flu and many types of bacteria and viruses.
5.You can simply boil Cinnamon Leaf, Tulsi Leaves, Black Peppers, Ginger, and a few cloves for 10 minutes and then serve with some salt. If anyone has dry cough can pour 1/2 spoon pure Desi ghee and taken sip by sip.
There are numerous health benefits of bay leaf.
For a very long time, Ginger has been used in cooking and treating cough and cold, nausea, stomach pain, and inflammation. People always use Ginger Tea and widely been used in the kitchen as the main ingredient to multiply the taste of foods.
- Ginger is enriched with antioxidants and other nutrients that help prevent or may intentionally use to treat arthritis, inflammation other types of seasonal infection.
- In research, it is found that Ginger has great potential to reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, and other health problems.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral which helps to fight cough and cold, infection in the throat, to treat irritation in the pharynx, and control the seasonal/ viral infection.
- Dried ginger (mulethi) is widely used in India who suffer from irritation in the throat and have the cold or seasonal flu. The regular use of ginger protects us from any infection and helps boost our immune system
With anti-oxidant properties, ginger may reduce various types of oxidative stress. Because we know that oxidative stress happens when so many free radicals start building in our bodies. If they do not come out they cause cellular damage and can lead to a range of diseases including cancer.
5. If ginger is used with cinnamon with boiled water in the morning with an empty stomach may give a wonderful result in controlling the body’s bad cholesterol and keeps your heart healthy.
6. Since ginger and cinnamon have ant-oxidant properties so the cumulative benefits like strong immunity are sensed.
7. It keeps your fats in control and keeps your body in shape.