Soaked Almonds–Nutrition and Health Benefits
Almonds are a very nutritious food. It is believed that eating almonds make the brain sharp. Many people consume regular almonds. According to Ayurveda, eating almonds pacifies Vata dosha. Apart from this, it keeps the skin young while keeping the tissues strong. Do you know what the right way to eat almonds is? Let’s understand soaked almonds-nutrition and health benefits.
Nutritional Facts of Almonds
According to research, it has been found that almonds are the best source of Vitamin E. Almonds are rich in Dietary Fiber, Omega 3 fatty acids, Omega 6 fatty acids, Magnesium, and Protein. It also contains Calcium, Potassium, Riboflavin, and Monounsaturated Fats.
Why prefer Soaked Almonds?
- Eating almonds without soaking or eating it is not such a serious thing, but we must know why we are often told that we have seen our elders say that soaking almonds is more beneficial for health. This is because the presence of some amount of tannin in its peels does not allow the nutrients to be properly absorbed in the body.
- We should know that magnesium is found in abundance in soaked almonds, which regulates our metabolic process so that the body maintains blood pressure levels. If the one has low blood pressure it becomes maintained while eating soaked almonds.
- If the one who has high blood pressure then adding soaked almonds in their diet will keep it normal subsequently improves the level of good cholesterol (HDL).
- The biggest advantage of soaked almonds is that they reduce cholesterol from our body and protect our heart. It has Omega 3 fatty acids and Omega 6 fatty acids that keep a healthy heart and reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) very quickly.
- A person can eat about 8-10 soaked almonds in a day. Preferably to be eaten in the morning to get good nutrition and health benefits.
- It has anti-oxidant properties that help to curb aging and inflammation. Vitamin B17 is found inside soaked almonds which is very beneficial for cancer patients and it can stop the growth of tumors in the body.
- Soaked almonds are rich in nutrients and are also beneficial for our digestive system. Soaked almonds act as a healthy snack and prove to be helpful in reducing weight.
- As we told you earlier that almond are highly enriched with Vitamin E. Soaked Almonds are rich in Vitamin E which keeps our skin healthy and supple. Maintains skin moisture and also prevents wrinkles. Regular use of soaked almonds makes our hair thick and soft.
- Almost all of us keep almonds to soak overnight. But it is not necessary that it should be enjoyed for so long, if you soak it even for 4-5 hours, then it will be equally beneficial for you.
- It is true that soaked almonds are more beneficial and healthier than dried almonds, as they are softer to eat and easier to digest. The body receives nutrition more quickly from almonds.
- Along with this, almonds keep our bones strong and keep blood sugar levels under control.
- Almonds are much better if eaten without their outer layer because the outer layer contains an enzyme inhibitor. It can affect the digestion process and absorption of nutrients.
When should you abstain from eating Almonds?
- Almonds should never be eaten on an empty stomach. Eating almonds on an empty stomach increases bile and causes digestive problems, if you have an empty stomach, you can eat almonds with vegetables and fruits.
- Eating almonds without soaking and peeling increases the amount of bile in the blood.
- Those who are allergic to nuts or dry fruits should avoid eating almonds. If there is a desire to eat, then you must use it only after taking the opinion of your health experts or doctor.