Turmeric is such an amazing plant which nourishes the body and cures chronic disease like cancer, arthritis, psoriasis, and vitiligo, etc. It also cures skin infection, skin inflammation, skin cancer, acne, scleroderma and many more. The origin of Turmeric is India and it has been widely used for thousands of years. Most importantly, It is mainly used for ayurvedic medicine as well as a spice in Indian curry and vegetables.
Turmeric in other sense is widely used as nutritional supplements by herbal/ayurvedic product manufacturing organization across the globe. It is also known as Indian Saffron which is widely grown in Indian sub-continent and South East Asia. Turmeric is also cultivated in the Central America region too.
Why use Turmeric?
We all know nature has given such wonderful herbs or medicinal plants which are very much helpful to cure the disease naturally. This yellow and orange color medicinal herb/spice plant is known as Turmeric.
Your body needs proper care and nourishment to be in healthy condition. We eat nutritious food and take health supplements to maintain our health. In this regard, we usually take vitamins and minerals enriched foods, vegetables, and fruits on a daily basis. But sometimes our body gets inflicted with diseases which require some herbal/ayurvedic or homemade remedies to get relief.
Health benefits of Turmeric
Here are some major health benefits of Turmeric which help in curing diseases, nourishes skin and detoxify your body naturally. It contains such a wonderful chemical substance i.e. Curcumin.
It is used as herbal supplements, cosmetic ingredients for beautiful skin and food flavor (especially in Indian sub-continent).
- It has an anti-inflammatory property and helps in reducing any inflammation of your body parts. Turmeric reduces and removes joint pain slowly and cures permanently. The dose may be taken between 400 to 600 mg on daily to get relief.
- It helps in relieving pain and improves liver function and detoxifies the body. It eliminates free radicals from the body naturally and acts as anti-biotic and kills micro germs and rejuvenates our body cells.
- Helps reduce the risk of cancer and re-generates new cells.
- Turmeric minimizes the risk of skin cancer to a greater extent.
- It is very much useful in curing joint pain/arthritis/ gout.
- Curcumin boosts your brain and gives strength to neuron so that the cognitive area get improved and brain-related dysfunction may get rectified. So our brain works in a balanced mode.
- Curcumin is also very much effective in heart disease and it improves the function of the endothelium which the blood vessels lining area. It regularizes and maintains blood pressure and prevents blood clotting in your body.
Turmeric for Skin | Choice of Dermatologist and Skin Specialist
- Turmeric has an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial property and works amazingly on the redness of skin, eczema, removes blemishes on the skin. It works wonder for acne. Some skin care products made from turmeric gives amazing results to remove acne.
- The turmeric face mask help reduces acne in teenagers and kills bacteria. It protects from external infection from changes in weather. In India, we have mix season climate where people easily get trapped in frequent changes of weather.
- Turmeric is enriched with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components which help to glow skin and improves the texture of your skin.
- Take a ½ spoon of turmeric powder, 2 spoons Chana Powder, 1 spoon honey and mix them together. Apply this face pack/mask on your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with bit cold water. You will be amazed to see the result. This will improve your skin color and help glow on your face. The pimples, if any will start vanishing, scars will be going away forever.
- In Indian marriage rituals, the bride’s family members apply the “Ubtan” or turmeric mix with water (paste) to the bride and bride groom’s face and body. It signifies the prosperity and fertility for the new couple and their good fortune. But, if we want to know the scientific reason about this process then we must give attention that turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. Therefore, the couple may not be affected by any seasonal infection or external infection.
*Those who are allergic may avoid and shall consult with skin specialist/dermatologist. In some cases, the redness and itching may occur but it is very normal. You can use Rosewater on that affected area to get relief instantly.
Therefore, we must understand that the turmeric is absolutely a god gift to humans. It nicely protects them with external and internal ailments and make glow to their skin and nourishes health.