Why turmeric is beneficial for health?
It is a very pertinent question that why turmeric is beneficial for health. We all use turmeric in our kitchen and but people are unaware of other major health benefits. Let’s understand in a broader sense in this blog.
Why do we use Turmeric?
We all know nature has given such wonderful herbs or medicinal plants which are very much helpful to cure the disease naturally. This yellow and orange color medicinal herb/spice plant is known as Turmeric.
Your body needs proper care and nourishment to be in healthy condition. We eat nutritious food and take healthy supplements to maintain our health. In this regard, we usually take vitamins and minerals enriched foods, vegetables, and fruits on a daily basis. Most importantly, It is mainly used in Ayurvedic medicine as well as a spice in Indian curry and vegetables.
It also cures skin infection, skin inflammation, skin cancer, acne, scleroderma, and many more. The origin of
But sometimes our body gets inflicted with diseases that require some herbal/Ayurvedic or homemade remedies to get relief. Turmeric has been widely used in India for thousands of years and here we will understand how it works.
Health benefits of Turmeric
Here are some major health benefits of Turmeric, which helps in curing diseases, nourishes the skin, and detoxifies your body naturally. It contains such a wonderful chemical substance i.e. Curcumin.
It is used as herbal supplements, cosmetic ingredients for beautiful skin, and food flavor (especially in the Indian sub-continent).
- It has an anti-inflammatory property and helps in reducing any inflammation of your body parts. Turmeric reduces and removes joint pain slowly and cures permanently. The dose may be taken between 400 to 600 mg daily to get relief.
- It helps in relieving pain and improves liver function and detoxifies the body. It eliminates free radicals from the body naturally and acts as an antibiotic and kills micro germs and rejuvenates our body cells.
- Helps reduce the risk of cancer and regenerates new cells.
- Turmeric minimizes the risk of skin cancer to a greater extent.
- It is very much useful in curing joint pain/arthritis/ gout.
- Curcumin boosts your brain and gives strength to neuron so that the cognitive area get improved and brain-related dysfunction may get rectified. So our brain works in a balanced mode.
- Curcumin is also very much effective in heart disease and it improves the function of the endothelium, which is the blood vessel lining area. It maintains blood pressure and prevents blood clotting in your body.
Turmeric for Skin | Choice of Dermatology and Skin Specialist
- Turmeric has an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial property and works amazingly on the redness of skin, eczema, removes blemishes on the skin.
- It works wonders for acne. Some skincare products made from turmeric give amazing results on acne.
- The turmeric face mask help reduces acne in teenagers and kills bacteria. It protects from external infection from changes in weather. In India, we have a mixed season climate where people easily get trapped in frequent changes of weather.
- Turmeric is enriched with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components that help glow skin and improves the texture.
- Take a ½ spoon of turmeric powder, 2 spoons of Chana Powder, 1 spoon of honey, and mix them together. Apply this face pack/mask on your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with a bit of cold water. You will be amazed to see the result.
- This will improve your skin color and help glow on your face. The pimples will start vanishing and scars will also start fading day by day.
- In Indian marriage rituals, the bride’s family members apply the “Ubtan” or turmeric mix with water (paste) to the bride and bride groom’s face and body. It signifies the prosperity and fertility of the new couple and their good fortune. But, if we want to know the scientific reason for this process then we must give attention that turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. Therefore, the couple may not be affected, by any seasonal infection or external infection.
- Turmeric works as a medicinal plant that nourishes the body and heals chronic diseases like cancer, arthritis, psoriasis, and vitiligo, etc.
*Those who are allergic may avoid and shall consult with a skin specialist/dermatologist. In some cases, redness and itching may occur, but it is very normal. You can use Rosewater in that affected area to get relief instantly.
Therefore, we must understand that turmeric is absolutely a god gift to humans. It nicely protects them from external and internal ailments and makes a glow to their skin and nourishes health.