How to take care of your Skin in Monsoon Season?
The monsoon season has already knocked our door and brought along some respite from the scorching and sweltering heat. No one can ignore the soothing drizzles and intoxicating fragrance of rain, the lush greenly and freshly bathed trees, and the coolness of the breeze. A rainy or cloudy day doesn’t mean your skin is safe from the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun.
However, like every other season, it comes with some skin health issues and season changing problems for almost everyone. While the rainy season may bring long spells of rains, it also brings along unbearable humidity levels that can be horrendous for your skin.
It is very problematic for those who already have oily and acne-prone skin. So, it is important as well as advisable to change your skincare management or treatment according to the changing seasons.
The basic rule is to ‘Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing, but we help you chart out the monsoon edition of some essential routine along with other skincare tips and home remedies that you should regularly include in your everyday routine. We are giving some good tips on Skincare in the monsoon season herewith.
Are you worried about how to maintain your skin in monsoon season, just go through the below tips and let us know..how you felt?
- Make sure you wash your face at least two-three (2-3) times a day to avoid excess oil and dirt, further avoiding fungal infections.
- You should drink lots of water to keep your body wary of toxins leading to acne and pimples.
- You should try using more natural ingredients for your skin and lessor (in a moderate way) commercially bought skin products that may not harm your skin. Choose widely the skincare products or you may contact our expert who can suggest the cream/serum/mask/face wash etc. according to your skin type.
- Try not to wear makeup as it can clog your skin pores and cause break-outs. Even if you are, make sure you clean it well before going to bed.
- While monsoons call for bingeing on fried snacks, you must avoid eating them as they can cause break-outs and acne.
Exfoliating in Monsoon Season
Exfoliation removes dead skin and helps unclog pores. The exfoliation is required to nourish your skin and keep the freshness alive. It also helps in the growth of new skin cells and helps in the glowing of your skin. We may go for some good exfoliators which give good results towards exfoliating skin and keep refresh always.
These exfoliators are coffee, tea bag, sugar, baking soda, papaya, oatmeal, and yogurt. Make sure you exfoliate with these mildly coarse ingredients in a proper way in changing seasons like a monsoon. At the same, we have to be cautious that we may not go for frequent exfoliation.
Frequent exfoliation makes your skin sensitive and it creates irritation, inflammation and may persist for a longer period. Sometimes it works as a catalyst for the aging process.
Skin Cleansing in Monsoon Season
Once you exfoliate well, cleanse the open pores and allow your skin to breathe.
You can simply use coconut oil, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, honey and lemon, and rose water.
You should wash your face or make sure you wash your face at least 2-3 times a day to avoid dirt and excess oil which may create fungal infection if not washed properly.
Toning of Skin in Monsoon Season
Tone your skin to remove the leftover dirt and makeup. Store-bought toners may not be great, but use natural ingredients like green tea with honey, lemon juice, rose water.
You may also go for cucumber water and chamomile tea for toning your skin. Use good sunscreen every day to avoid sunburn and tanning.
Moisturizing your skin in Monsoon Season
Your skin needs to be moisturized always and here is the process to keep it in control is the final step here. it is crucial to keep your skin hydrated and soft. Some of the natural moisturizers include cucumber, organic coconut oil, hemp seed oil, and olive oil. These moisturizers do not leave your skin oily. They maintain the moisturizing levels and helps in the glowing of your skin.
Home Remedies for your Skin in Monsoon Season
- Mix Multani mitti with rose water to make a smooth paste along with a dash of camphor. Keep this paste in the fridge in an air-tight container and use a small portion of this mixture on the face several times a day.
- Make a thick paste using Multani mitti, clove oil, sandalwood powder, and ground neem paste and apply on your pimples. Let it dry completely and use it daily. Neem has antibiotic properties and very much effective for acne and pimples. It keeps drying your skin in the monsoon season.
- You can mix besan, turmeric, lemon, and rose water and make a paste. Apply this pack on your face and wash off after 15-20 minutes. It will impart a natural glow to your face.
Quick Monsoon Skin Care Tips to keep skin healthy all day ahead.
Drink plenty of water, wash your face almost 2-3 times a day, use good quality sunscreen, and do YOGA regularly especially Pranayam (Kapal Bhati, Bhatrika, Anulom-Vilom, and Bhramari).
This rainy season, keep your skin healthy and shiny!